The Grand Prairie Homeownership Voucher Program permits eligible participants the option of purchasing a home with housing assistance. The program assists first-time homebuyers with their monthly homeownership payments. The home must pass an initial housing quality standards (HQS) inspection conducted by GPHNS as well as an independent home inspection. Homeownership participants must be a qualified applicant participating in the Housing Choice Voucher program.
A typical family may be eligible for mortgage payment assistance for up to 15 years. However, qualifying elderly and disabled families may also receive assistance for up to 30 years. All participants will be subject to annual re-certification, which includes verification of income and other eligibility factors (similar to the rental assistance program).
- Must be a participant of Grand Prairie Housing.
- Must be a voucher holder for at least 1 year.
- Must Be a first time homebuyer.
- Meet Federal minimum hourly wage guidelines
- Work a minimum of 30 hours a week (unless over 62 or disabled receiving SSI).
- Be continuously employed for 1 year.
- Be pre-approved by a mortgage lender.
Homes Eligible for Purchase
- Must be a single-family home.
- Must pass both a HUD Housing Quality Standards inspection and an independent professional inspection.
The Home Purchase Process
Once GPHNS determines that a Housing Choice Voucher recipient is eligible to participate in the program. The family must:
- Complete a Homeownership Education class prior to purchasing a home.
- Find a HUD approved lender who can pre-approved you for a mortgage loan.
You can work with any HUD approved lender. Below you will find lenders that have worked with families in the past.
Ruben De La Torre
Senior Loan Officer, NMLS #1048737
5592 Davis Blvd, Suite 100
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
Sr. Licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Officer, NMLS # 219554
Gold Financial Services
1423 N Highway 67, Suite #200
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Premier Nationwide Lending
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer, NMLS # 252520
- Let GPHNS know you have been pre-approved.
- Have lender email the 1003 and pre-approval to [email protected]
- Search for a home based on your pre-approval amount approved by lender and accepted by GPHNS.
- Obtain a GPHNS Housing Quality Standards inspection as well as an independent professional inspection of the home.
- Enter into a sales contract and finalize the home purchase.
- Have the home appraised to assess Market Value.
- Before closing contact GPHNS to verify Homeownership assistance can be rendered.
To learn more about the Homeownership Voucher Program offered through Grand Prairie Housing, Contact [email protected]