The Emergency Repair Program assists low and moderate income persons with emergency repairs that occur without warning and are a threat to the health and safety of the applicant.
- Applicants must own and occupy the residence.
- Applicant must not have received prior assistance from the City under any housing program.
- Applicants annual income must not exceed 50% of the median income for the City as set by HUD.
How the Program Works
Emergency repairs will not exceed $5,000 and requires the Division Manager’s approval. Emergency repairs will be inspected to insure they fall into the without warning criteria.
Housing and Neighborhood Services is responsible for:
Verifying an actual emergency exists
- Preparation of work specifications
- Obtaining bids from qualified contractors
- Monitoring work done